Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lugang

I was able to experience another great trip to the city of Lugang. Here I was able to visit a glass temple, see a festival/parade, see a regular street with a 'china town' feel as well as see some pretty awesome sites. I loved being able to go on these trips and experience all of Taiwan!
 
Here we made picture frames out of glass beads. This was a craft that we did while visiting the glass temple and museum.
 

This was the glass temple. The only temple in Taiwan completely made out of glass. At night it lights up and looks stunning as I was told. I was not able to stay to see it all lit up.
 

This was inside of the temple, looking at the alter with gifts to the gods, along with the alter itself with the glass reflection behind it.  


There were two places that you are supposed to crawl through, to enter you crawl through one for good luck and to exit you crawl through one for good wealth. So I hope to get good luck and wealth soon!

This was a festival/parade that went down the streets towards the temple to honor the gods. It was very exciting to see and we were in the back streets of Lugang experiencing Real Taiwan!

Myself, Jora, and Brandy all take a tea break in the warm sun after a busy day of walking around Lugang. There are many tea shops all over and this one was very good! C+ is what it is called.

This was a famous ally that people walk down. I do not remember the actual name, but the nick name is 'breast touching ally' because it is only as wide as one's shoulders. I thought it was very interesting and very traditional and full of history.
 
Lugang was a trip we took last Saturday for something the whole group was able to do. In one week we travel to Taipei Taiwan, capital of Taiwan and largest city in Taiwan. I am very excited to go here and will post pictures and my blog soon after! I love going on these trips and all of the classes we take are very nice as well.
 
Signing out,
Michael Reed


1 comment:

  1. Loved the egg or whatever it was you got to crawl through! How fun.

    ReplyDelete